Yes - 90125 CD (album) cover

90125

MovingPictures07
2 stars This is Yes? Really now?

This actually is a decent pop album, well-produced, wonderful harmonies, and artistic tendencies. This definitely isn't the Yes that we once knew, but simultaneously is far from the absolute disaster that is Big Generator.

If you're looking for progressive rock, however, I advise that you stay away from this. This album is only good if you're in the mood for well-crafted pop rock. "Changes", "Cinema", and other songs feature instrumentation that is definitely not typical to most pop music, and that is what makes this a good CD. Nonetheless, it's not near enough to warrant this being a prog album; it's just a solid rock album with good compositions that don't break any boundaries.

One hell of an album, to be honest. but hardly prog at all! As much as I enjoy this album when I want to hear something like this, I have to say this is a release only for collectors/fans only.

MovingPictures07 | 2/5 |