Brand X - Unorthodox Behaviour CD (album) cover

Brand X

3 stars There is certainly a ton of skill in this band, and it definitely shows. It contains some of Phil Collin's best drumming, yet somehow, I don't love this album. It's not that the music's bad, it's not that there's no skill shown, it's just that the music just didn't grab me. There are very few fusion bands who have actually grabbed my attention (Bill Bruford's did). Some of the music did grab me and I will listen to just some of the tracks, but I can never get myself to sit down and listen to the whole album. Great musicianship, and will grab all fusion fans, but if you don't like fusion, this won't change your mind.
J-Man | 3/5 |