Singularity - Of All The Mysteries CD (album) cover

OF ALL THE MYSTERIES

Singularity

Menswear
5 stars My vote for 2008.

With it's last album, Singularity mutated from an 80's tribute band to a space-rock combo. WIth this album, they've put aside some more Moog/ Vcs3 keyboard and mutated again into something...better. Wow, the caterpillar became a butterfly, but a butterfly to a bird? Why not? stagnant is not a word that resides in Singularity's dictionnary.

They dropped some space atmosphere (but kept some too), but concentrated on a softer side of their music. They removed Rush as one of their main influences completely, and replaced it with a softer Discipline touch with Gentle Giant feel, Octopus era. I have to admit that some guitar solos are reminding me of the great Gilmour/ Rothery style, but they are very sparse in that case. It tooked me 2 listenings only to be convinced this was a highly recommendable album, full of great melodies and feeling.

Listening to it would be the best, because Singularity is not falling into a category easily.

They applicate themselves a lot and I frankly cannot say anything else that: buy this album, you need it.

I love you guys! Keep up the awesome work!

Menswear | 5/5 |