Cast - Four Aces CD (album) cover

2 stars I listened already to a couple of albums of their later period, which are much better what they are presenting here. Though songs are sounding all nice and disregarding the vocals, which are rather awful, the musicians's performance is really great, I'm still hesitating to rate this album as a good one, since there are much better ones of them, especially their last two. Something is missing on this one, probably because it's just an arbitrary compilation of recordings. It's nice music, usually mellow songs with piano and keyboard, murmuring somehow in the back but there is not anything catching my attention. More rocking ones like "Scenery" are sounding quite terrible like the worst 80's NeoProg. I'd really like to advice anyone, who does not know any records of this band, to start with their latest releases, these are fantastic. This one is just a collector's item IMHO!!
hdfisch | 2/5 |