Omega - 200 Years After The Last War CD (album) cover

200 YEARS AFTER THE LAST WAR

Omega

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Foolsdrummer
3 stars I really enjoyed this album, but it isn't that special. This is a hardrock record, leaning a bit towards Deep Purple and Uriah Heep. Omega wanted to have an international sound here.

'Suite' sounds pleasant with the organs and mellotron. The piece also has the typically use of creating the expectation of an ending, but letting the piece end somewhere else. This sounds nice, but these tricks are a bit to familliar to me. I love the moog solo on 'help to find me'. I think this is their best piece on the record. The title track is a nice song, but not that special. 'You don't know' is a straightforward hardrocksong, which I like.

The record isn't very special and I think the album is more hardrock than progrock, but the record sounds pleasant and didn't annoy me. I liked it, but I expected a little more craziness on this Hungarian record.

Foolsdrummer | 3/5 |