Rush - Not Fade Away CD (album) cover

1 stars I honestly only think that there is only one good song on this 2 song single. This is Rush's first real recording, even before Neil Peart joined the band. I can tell that this wasn't recorded in a good studio, as there is echoe, and there are many tape problems, but really only for completionists. I will rate the 2 songs on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best, and 1 being the worst.

Not Fade Away- Really, the only good song on the 2 side single. This is a very intersting cover. Its not a perfect cover, but you get Geddy's great, old banshee wail. I honsetly think that Geddy plays much better on this recording than the whole original Rush album, actually. Something that will really interesting Rush fans, Rush fans of the early ages. 8.5/10

Can't Fight It- Yes, the only original song on the 2 side single. Its a very less than flattering release, actually. The music is very harsh, and very hard to listen to. The guitar is very, well, upfront, direct, and I honestly think the solo is a little Country ditty. 2/10

Something really only for Rush fans.

Rushlover13 | 1/5 |