No-Man - Loveblows & Lovecries - A Confession CD (album) cover

LOVEBLOWS & LOVECRIES - A CONFESSION

No-Man

Psychedelic/Space Rock

UMUR
2 stars Loveblows & Lovecries - A Confession is the second album from No-Man. No-Man is one of Steven Wilson ( Porcupine Tree, Blackfield...etc) projects. The album was released in 1993. This is the european version of the album.

The music is pretty much like on the debut Lovesighs - An Entertainment (1992). Electronic pop with slight ambient tendencies. The drums are especially noteworthy for being dancable early nineties style. The vocals from Tim Bowness are mellow pop style vocals. Most songs are pretty formulaic with easily recognisable choruses and a definite commercial appeal.

The musicianship is good. Tim Bowness is a strong singer and the instrumental side of the album which is all done by Steven Wilson is professionally done.

The production is typical for the early nineties. Clean and a bit cold.

Loveblows & Lovecries - A Confession has aged badly IMO. The album is totally stuck in the nineties pop/ dance style and personally I´m not enjoying myself. Those drums alone are able to kill me. Horrible sounding drums IMO. My overall rating will be 2 stars. The product is well done ( production, musicianship) but this is not my taste at all.

UMUR | 2/5 |