Hamadryad - Conservation Of Mass CD (album) cover

Forum & Site Admin Group
4 stars Hamadryad's this debut album is PROG-ECLECTIC one I wanna say! Prog-eclectic is not eclectic prog that means mixture and stir with jazz, classic, rock, and some genres of music. The word means mixture and stir with many excellent styles of excellent progressive rock bands.

This band has lots of faces...heavy face (like Dream Theater), dramatic face (like Marillion, Arena, or IQ), strict face (like Rush...oh, great Canadian band!), and transparent and clear face (like, Jon Anderson!). As everyone says, Jocelyn's vocal style reminds us Jon Anderson. Well then, might their music style break down without Jocelyn? No, no, you're kidding! Their style is really prog-eclectic and awesome. although his voice makes it more fantastic.

Very heavy riff and magical atmosphere go through us listeners from start, and, as the sky gets clear, Jocelyn's falsetto and transparent voice wraps us up. Continuously the heavy and dramatic sound push us and we can't breathe well until the end of 9th tracks Nameless. At the last two songs we can relax and listen without any muscle rigidity. Why is the final stage so beautiful? We tend to forget the previous heavyness...

Can't help feelin' their future will be greater.

DamoXt7942 | 4/5 |