Pierrot Lunaire - Pierrot Lunaire CD (album) cover

Pierrot Lunaire

Prog Folk

2 stars After hearing some of their second album on the radio, I mail-ordered both albums. Well, I do like "Gudrun", but this debut just doesn't do much for me. Good musicians and promising instrumentation, but that's about it. Melodies are either simplistic or non- existant. Of course, if you're into semi-improvised jamming, or "noodling", as I like to call it, then there's plenty here for you. Several tracks start out just fine, but become static or include an annoying instrument or riff. I'll say it again: life's too short to listen to pretty good music, prog or not. If there was one great song, I'd keep the disc. There isn't.
soundsweird | 2/5 |