Il Rovescio Della Medaglia - La Bibbia CD (album) cover

Il Rovescio Della Medaglia

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Forum & Site Admin Group
4 stars Whoa, in the early 70's, what an album this is!

IL ROVESCIO DELLA MEDAGLIA's debut album...Well, the sound recorded is no problem as 1971's. The point is their heavyness. Is this really Italian rock? Many many Italian albums or songs I've heard till now, this is exactly my first the basis and core of their sound is loud guitar with rhythm section. Furthermore, the rhythm section is heavy but not rigid...I always feel it's sticky and slimy at listening to their albums.

The first track is too avantgarde...noisy metalic sound goes through and around us. Oh, what...with no time for us to be surprised, immediately heavy and noisy guitar and percussion are exploded. It's maybe rare the instrumentals expect guitar and drum are completely supplementary or backing ones. Of course, the voice is as heavy as the heavy stuffs, too. :)

The highlight of this work is, I consider, the 4th track...very jazzy, very swingin', very speedy and of course deeply heavy. We can be absorbed into it. Until the last track (noise!) finished, we should get to be restricted by the soundshower...

Apart from likes or dislikes, this is one of the most progressive products in Italy in 1971.

DamoXt7942 | 4/5 |