Steve Howe - Voyagers CD (album) cover

VOYAGERS

Steve Howe

SouthSideoftheSky
Symphonic Team
1 stars I'm rating this with one star not because the quality of the recording itself is poor, but because this makes a very poor Steve Howe album, and an even poorer Prog album. In fact it is not a Steve Howe solo album, but an album made by Howe together with Paul Sutin and is credited to both of them. However, I think that the input is larger from Sutin than it is from Howe.

This all instrumental music is extremely subtle and subdued, almost like sophisticated elevator music! It is clearly designed for relaxation. Soft keyboards are the dominating instrument here and not Steve's guitar playing. Only on a couple of passages is the music recognizably Howe at all. This is basically a Paul Sutin album, I think.

The instrumentation is as simple as is the arrangements, the keyboards are not very varied and the only other instruments are acoustic guitar and electric guitar and sometimes drums. Only one track is really annoying, with a more rhythmic approach (I don't remember which one, but it is one towards the end). The rest is listenable, but utterly forgettable.

For the general Prog fan there is nothing of interest here, and not even for the Steve Howe fan (like myself) is there anything of particular interest.

Ignore this one!