Radiohead - In Rainbows  CD (album) cover

IN RAINBOWS

Radiohead

Valdez
5 stars I waited and waited and waited for something new to come along. Something with the trip and cruise factor like Pink Floyd, Something hip and electric like Wire, something rolling and lyrical like Charlatans UK. Along came Radiohead. Radiohead will save progressive music. Prog needs an infusion of the avant style of bands like Radiohead, Mars Volta, Porcupine tree. If these new influences are not embraced we older proggers will all go to our graves listening to a noodling hammond playing Night on bald mountain... and we dont want that. The CROSSOVER PROG designation someone gave this band is so correct.

I like In Rainbows better than Kid A and I love Kid A. In Rainbows in many ways holds everything I like and hold dear about music within it. From the strange and nightmarish Weird Fishes, to the end time feel of House of cards. It's all there for me. The Vocals (Thom Yorke) are just plain bizarre cool. Is he quoting Billy Holliday? Radiohead has pulled off one of the most interesting albums I have ever heard.

I first bought the CD and had some minor complaints about the murky and crowded sound quality. No matter what system i played it on it sounded muffled and dank and overloaded. I went into my neighborhood record store and bought the vinyl copy and took it home and found an entirely different album... try it if you love this music! The difference will blow your mind. Not many new offerings get 5 stars around here. This one did it for me.

Valdez | 5/5 |