Matching Mole - Smoke Signals CD (album) cover

Matching Mole

Canterbury Scene

Forum & Site Admin Group
3 stars Oh what a smoky performance!

Cuneiform label has shot two live albums titled March and Smoke Signals(this one). Both of albums were recorded on their lives in 1972, the period of as-we-can-say their peak. With listening to the two live works, I can't consider about Maching Mole without Robert Wyatt...exactly, it's maybe natural. In this album, same as in the studio, he could hit and blow audience by his strict drumming. But I feel March is stricter and clearer than Smoke Signals. (Of course, both have good atmosphere and feeling and their quality are so high.) Why can I feel so? Was their potential higher in March? Or, with a good meaning, was they relaxed with playing? God and the members of Matching Mole only know...

Whatever I can feel, this live performance was great. No suspicion.

DamoXt7942 | 3/5 |