Metallica - One  CD (album) cover

ONE

Metallica

J-Man
2 stars This is a live EP released by Metallica in 1993. It contains some of the better songs from their best era. I would have liked to see a few more songs, but this is an EP, so they couldn't put that much on it to let it still be called an EP.

As far as I know, these versions are not available anywhere else (with the exception of Last Caress). It's cool and all, but I'm not the collector type, so I wasn't extremely loving towards this album. There's nothing aside from clapping that makes this different from the original versions. This is a cool package for anyone, but only die-hard fans or collectors will love this one.

I haven't mentioned the actual music on the album yet, and it's all great. I love all of these songs, and it's really great metal music. I particularly like the version of 'One', but everything else is good too.

If this was more like a live album instead a live EP, then maybe I would have rated it higher, but for what it is, it's only a good buy for a collector. It's also hard to track this down, so for all the extra work, it's not worth it for anyone looking for a good Metallica album.

Collectors Only: 2/5