RPWL - The RPWL Experience CD (album) cover

4 stars What an album! RPWL was brand new to me when I first picked up this album. It is definitely more mainstream than some may like,but I am a sucker for a great melody. That is where I feel this album really delivers. After listening to the album, you find yourself humming the melodies for the rest of the day. There are no real epics that stretch out and display incredible musical chops, but that isn't what this album is about. This album seems to be more concerned with solid song structures that are moody and heavily textured. You can hear shreds of Floyd and Porcupine Tree, but the overall sound is all their own. If you are a fan of prog that isn't afraid to sounda little mainstream for the sake of the music, check it out.
KayleighsDad | 4/5 |