Alphataurus - Alphataurus CD (album) cover

Rock Progressivo Italiano

DamoXt7942
Forum & Site Admin Group
Moderator / Psych Team
4 stars Let me say you'll be very happy to listen to beginning phrases of the first track.

Listen to the heavy and dark beginning...and what follows the beginning are MICHELE BAVARO's vocal with shouting style and frequently changing rhythm sections. This sound and style always remind me the French symphonic band ATOLL's ones...wow! This one and only Alphataurus album has released BEFORE ATOLL's. Very surprising and amazing for me.

By this heavy sound, we may think ALPHATAURUS belongs to HEAVY PROG group rather than Italian SYmphonic one. (Namely, theor heavy sound also reminds me Rush's one...) Indeed, for example the third track has good symphonic sound as most of Italian progressive rock groups can shoot. But I wanna say that is real pleasure that ALPHATAURUS had varieties of style and easily and smoothly could shoot and push them towards us listeners.

Somrtiomes we can feel their sound should be different from other Italian rock groups'. I'm sure this point should be great. Furthermore, they could bear this album in 1973! Believe me, and be amazed and surprised at the sound and style.

DamoXt7942 | 4/5 |