Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello CD (album) cover

GOODBYE AND HELLO

Tim Buckley

Prog Folk

UMUR
3 stars Goodbye and Hello is the second studio album from American folk/ rock artist Tim Buckley. I found his debut album rewarding but not really to my taste and I´ll say the same about Goodbye and Hello.

The music is American folk/ rock. It´s dominated by the strong vocals from Tim Buckley and it´s only because of those vocals that this music is interesting. The music isn´t very interesting without the vocals. Compared to the polished debut there are a couple of more interesting tracks on Goodbye and Hello. Carnical Song, I Never Asked to Be your Mountain, the title track and my favorite on the album Pleasant Street needs a mention. Tim Buckley´s vocal performance on the latter is nothing but outstanding. Had all songs on the album been like this I would have given this album a higher rating.

The musicianship is good and as mentioned Tim Buckley´s vocals are outstanding. He sounds like a young Roy Orbinson at times but with a much more varied style.

The production is very professionel and well crafted considering the time when this album was released.

Goodbye and Hello is a step forward from the good but a bit too polished debut album. It seems that there´s a greater freedom to experiment even though Goodbye and Hello is also a very polished folk/pop/rock album for the most part. 3 stars is my rating. I think there´s a lot of promise on this album and I´m gonna look forward to listening to more albums from Tim Buckley.

UMUR | 3/5 |