Metallica - ... And Justice for All CD (album) cover

... AND JUSTICE FOR ALL

Metallica

crimson87
5 stars Since I am far from being a prog metal guru I just wont title this review : THE BEST PROGRESSIVE METAL ALBUM OF ALL TIMES because I know there are lots of great records for me to discover. However being better than this record is quite a challenge. There was a time when this was the only music I heard and after I discovered prog , Metallica was one of the few metal bands I could stand.

If metal is about riffs , then AJFA is king. You will find them in spades on here song after song , sometimes is the same riff but being developed on the song. This reminds me of Keith Emerson's definition of Progressive Rock. And Justice may not have the breakneck speed of previous releases but is heavier and darker than them. The angst put on the tracks is genuine , this guys were really pissed off at the time and it shows in their lyrics which by the way , never will be the same after this record.

All nine songs are outstanding so it's hard for me to find a favourite. One day it may be the title track , other Blackened , other One , and so on. If I were to find a weak point on this record I must say that the production is muddy ( this has some charm in my opinion) and that those looking for bass virtuosos , they may check another albums since the bass guitar is lost on the mix.

Anyone interested in progressive metal must have this record. Let And Justice prevail! !

crimson87 | 5/5 |