Coral Caves - Mitopoiesi CD (album) cover

Coral Caves

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Forum & Site Admin Group
3 stars Very vital and novel Italian rock style...without old flavour.

Beggining. The first track Mitopoiesi can always knock and push me down. I don't think their song and melody style has old Italian flavour but Pietro's non-clear and full-of-rock'n'roll-flavoured voice with their strict but enjoyable play should boil my blood. This song is always strongly impressing for me. I guess CORAL CAVES can receive and shoot older progressive rock way well. And the style is English one rather than Italian one, maybe. One of the reason is, we can listen to Pink-Floyd-like melody and play (Animals I felt) in this album. As everyone feels, they has so little influences of Italian progressive rock and then I consider their style is neo-progressive rather than old Italian symphonic. However, in spite of my love for old Italian progressive rock, their melody and play have self-confidence and it's completely OK I'm sure. All songs (except the last track) are short, catchy, and powerful. Sadly the last track is a bit verbose I feel, but the album itself has an aura.

At last...I love this album very much, but my evaluation FOR ITALIAN PROGRESSIVE ROCK is not necessarily I give 3 stars for it, but again I say, I love the album Mitopoiesi!

DamoXt7942 | 3/5 |