Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

5 stars I'm not going to spend too much time on this review for two reasons. First off, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said about this album an infinite number of times. And secondly, I told myself that I wouldn't ever give a review of this album because there are already so many anyway. Needless to say that if I had to sum up progressive rock in one album, this is the one I would pick. It has everything that makes classic progressive rock what it is and has probably inspired most if not all prog bands that came after it. I know most people would expect me to say that the title track is my favorite on here and give the predictable answer, but to be honest, I like Siberian Khatru a bit more. If you don't have this yet and consider yourself to be a true prog fan, what the heck is wrong with you? Drop what you're doing and get it. Now.
horsewithteeth11 | 5/5 |