Van Der Graaf Generator - Trisector CD (album) cover

TRISECTOR

Van Der Graaf Generator

proggesser
4 stars After finally completing my 1970s VDGG collection and enjoying Present, I decided to pick up Trisector. While not classic VDGG (I doubt we will ever get another Godbluff or Still Life), Trisector has enough strong material on it to make it an excellent listen. While Interference Patterns comes closest to classic VDGG, other cuts have a more commercial sound though I don't mean this negatively. There is even some humour on this album. Its unfortunate that Jackson decided not to participate but his abscence is not lethal in anyway.

I'll give it 4 stars because I've played this too many times to count over the past few months, my wife and kids don't like it (so its not that commercial sounding) and I'm hoping for another release in the next couple of years even if they remain a three piece.

proggesser | 4/5 |