Yak - Journey of the Yak CD (album) cover

4 stars My Review-Here we have the new Yak cd,There First cd was brilliance.This one steps it up an notch .Both there cds are instrumental,So I'll be judgeing the music this time.My approach to reviews,If it has vocals I study artwork.I explain meaning behind it,Then I tell you what I got from the cd meanings.Behind few songs,lyrics,Then rate the musicanship vice versa.This cd im reviewing the music and the sound and repeated listens value.

Here we have cd in vein of 70s retro sound keybords,This band loves keybord approach.Im sucker for keybords as it is.This band has it own sound,Making them very unique.But with retro sound of 70s instrumental prog.

Top 3 fave tracks are the 3 mini epics,Im Sucker for epics always will be.Who doesn't love long songs,That is what makes prog so challenging amazing as whole..

Cover Art Is an lil to basic,With right promotion they have better cover.But for indie band I give there artwork for cd an 3out of 5.

Music-Is an 4,If they took shorter pieces melded longer song with them.It be lot better be an 5 out of 5.

Replay Value-5-This cd you can spin a lot of times never get sick of it.

Production is an 5. The music is high top notch in the mix,For indie beginner band this is good thing.Sometimes it mixed to low etc,You cant hear all the instruments clearly. Or vocals if it vocal cd.

Overall Rating 4.5 stars out of 5 essential piece of prog-music.

Jegheist2009 | 4/5 |