Il Balletto di Bronzo - Ys CD (album) cover

YS

Il Balletto di Bronzo

Rock Progressivo Italiano

crimson87
5 stars QUESTO RECORD E DA UN ALTRE PLANETA!!!! (TANTE GRAZIE GOOGLE TRADUCTOR)

Several things have been writen about this album ( you may check other reviews such as Micky's and TGM Orb's that were exellent in my opinion). I remember seeing this record on a web page by a local record store and it was so cheap! Without hesitation , I took the bus to downtown and bought it. Previously I haven't heard this record or even a single track of it before so I started reading PA's reviews to see if Ys was worth spending.

Sure it was! Not only the positive reviews encouraged me on getting it , but the negative ones since this album is criticized of being really loud and bombastic , that was exactly what I was looking for. One thing about Ys is that I don't think it can be hear twice in a row or more since this album is really intense and complex. All four musicians are superb but the first one you may notice is Keyboard virtuoso Gianni Leone: If il Balleto di bronzo had released another record as good as Ys , then he would be placed among Emerson & Wakeman as regards virtuosity. He uses different keyboards like Hammond , Moog , Mellotron , organ... name it , it's on Ys. Moreover his voice really goes well with the ambiences created by the musicians . Lyrics, once you find a proper traduction, are really obscure. They talk about a man facing death on different situations. If you haven't noticed , musically and lyrically Ys is a concept album.

Of course , this album won't be to everyone's tastes. If you are looking for tranquil melodies you may go for Celeste or PFM since Ys sounds like friggin' apocalypse being captured on a LP.

Highly recomended... If you have the guts.

crimson87 | 5/5 |