Kraftwerk - Computer World (Computerwelt) CD (album) cover

Progressive Electronic

3 stars This work is some sort of a return of their earlier days: minimalist and too repetitive to my taste.

Even if the band used the fans to its electronic and hypnotic beats up here, the typical sounds from the eighties are very much present and difficult to apprehend in my case.

The hardest moment being Nummern'' as far as I'm concerned. The band gets back to fine melodic instants like during the good old days with the title track. Catchy, pop, attractive. This is ''Kraftwerk'' at his best, but unfortunately ''Computerwelt'' is rather short.

Some melancholy or even sadness with ''Computer Liebe'' also conveys a better musical feeling. But the global mood is disappointment: three years after the excellent ''Man Machine'' were needed to release this follow-up. But the great ''Kraftwerk'' spirit seems to be gone by now.

This album is certainly harder to approach for prog fans. A good electronic album: that's what it is. As such I will upgrade my rating to three stars (from five out of ten really).

ZowieZiggy | 3/5 |