Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever / Killer Queen CD (album) cover

2 stars 'Who Wants To Live Forever', the major hit from the 1986 'A Kind Of Magic' album, and arguably the most beautiful song in rock history utilizing Yamaha DX7 digital synthesizer. I used to love this tune a lot - actually, I still do - but what bugs me on this little unit is choice for the B-side: it's again 'Killer Queen', the songs, once upon a time being great, now annoying, is probably repeated in an average Queen fan's collection at least half a dozen times. I don't mind the tacky cover - it's a momentum from Highland The Movie, but why not include a song used in the movie? There are couple of them, and they're quite a decent ones. This is a bit of a bizarre choice, but probably the money was the key factor, as so many time before and after.
clarke2001 | 2/5 |