Gnidrolog - In Spite Of Harry's Toenail CD (album) cover

IN SPITE OF HARRY'S TOENAIL

Gnidrolog

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars Eccentricity gone mad.... sort of

This album has been described as a hidden gem and that make me fork out some money to get it. If they had added “avant-garde”, I would not have bothered. Gnidrolog’s brand of DAVID BOWIE, folk, jazz, pop, space-rock and prog is too eccentric for my refined, structured symphonic prog philosophies.

But the album still have some good ideas and songs. It varies between bombastic harsh landscapes and some harmonic landscapes. The opening track Long Live Man Dead is a prime example. This is also a very good song. The rest of the album is probably not for me, although I will not deposit this album in the naughty corner. The album has some qualities and I hope my evolving musical taste also will shine more favourable on this album in the years to come. At the moment, this is not my cup of tea.

3 stars and no offence intended.

toroddfuglesteg | 3/5 |