Atlas - Blå Vardag  CD (album) cover

BLÅ VARDAG

Atlas

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars A small little gemstone.... Sort of

This Swedish band is not the most known band in the Swedish prog rock scene, but their only album is worthy some praise. ATLAS is doing instrumental symphonic prog in the vein of CAMEL. Not as driving and openly melodic, but more jazzy and introvert than CAMEL. The use of keyboards is pretty the main sound of this album. They sometimes reminds me about KAIPA. Maybe it is this Swedish sound. I don't know. Maybe it is just me going insane. The lush keyboards combined with some guitars drives the music forward.

The jazzy piano in the RETURN TO FOREVER vein is the main good parts of this album. The lack of the killer tracks is the major negative with this album. The album really takes off into the stratosphere. It is hovering somewhere around Mont Blanc and do not get any higher. But those into instrumental symphonic prog bordering to fusion will love this album. I think it is a good album from Sweden.

3 stars.