Renaissance - The Other Woman CD (album) cover

2 stars I'm no expert on Renaissance, but I'm guessing this album may be a square peg in a round hole as far as their catalogue goes. I bought it sometime ago on the strength of the wonderful 'Northern lights' an uplifting song with touching lyrics. Betty Thatcher sings and although she has a good voice, the overal package of 'The other woman' is a gloomy collection of drippy, dreary love songs about rejection. The whole thing is tediously self indulgent and sounds like Kate Bush may have done had she undergone an imagination and creativity bypass. Thankfully KB didn't! On a positive note, the playing and production are of a high standard but I cant listern to this without yawning myself into a stuper. 'Northern lights' is the saving grace of this album.
Blacksword | 2/5 |