Indaco - Amorgos CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

DamoXt7942
Forum & Site Admin Group
Moderator / Psych / Avant / Neo Teams
4 stars Hahaha, I'm very happy to listen to the INDACO's great work. And I'm knocked out by its Oriental flavour...Ouch.

Beg your pardon I've not heard another INDACO's album and can't evaluate them well, but I suggest Amorgos is absolutely their essence. Is this suggestion correct? The work's strong impression can let me say this comment.

First listen to the first track Amorgos. I wonder how you can feel. Forgive me tellin' my impression but I felt the sound of this song can hear like Kitaro or Sohjiro, Japanese New Age musicians with synth and wind instruments. Many formations and mixtures are in this album. Oriental percussive sound, solemn synth, African beat, waving and fuzzy voice, hot mandolin play...things like that. All of them should construct sounds with their identity and character. Because of their particularly particular sounds (!), on Nel Tempo Francesco Di Giacomo took lead vocal but INDACO's sounds can let his great vocal be slightly dim. What happened! :-)

At last, FWIW I've said Italian rock have some Oriental flavour, and INDACO is, I consider, the typical band with Oriental and exotic style. Folks from Orient! Let's listen!

P.S. This band was recommended as an Oriental-flavoured band by NotAProghead. Thanks NAP!

DamoXt7942 | 4/5 |