Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

RUSH

Rush

Menswear
3 stars This Rush album is not progressive per se, but a path in the right way. I heard so much about this album being a Led Zeppelin clone, and I have to mostly agree. But hey, you have to take your roots somewhere. Human beings need to look up to something and let's not blame Rush for being young and looking for a sound. Because for a first album, this one rocks and rolls from A to Z. Just good headbanging songs just waiting to be popped in a car stereo.

I really get a great kick at listening this record. It's just songs like you don't hear anymore. And Geddy's voice is clear, strong as usual and has that spark that only youth provides. But also the bass/guitar techniques are surprinsingly high, proving that Geddy and Alex always knew what they were doing and where they're going. These guys were barely 21 years old and believe me, I surely wasn't able to create such cool rock songs at that age.

Anyway, a somewhat mature start, pedal to the floor and throats burning by furious singing.

This is why I love Rush...always fresh.

Menswear | 3/5 |