Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream CD (album) cover

STUPID DREAM

Porcupine Tree

Metal_Style
4 stars I can see why alot of ProgArchives members have a problem with this band and especially this album. I'll be the first to admit, there are times during this band's albums where you could swear you were listening to Top40 pop radio and Stupid Dream is no different. To be honest, as a whole it is their most accesable and pop sounding record to date, but that is why I love it. Not everything has to be a 20 minute progfest, Which is what Fear of a Blank Planet is for.

Theres nothing wrong with a little melody and catchiness from time to time and this is what makes Stupid Dream so special to me. Every song seems like it was written to be a massive hit single, with maybe the exception of Don't Hate Me which is still an amazing peice of music complete with a beautiful saxophone solo. I love having that one album on my CD shelf I can go and pull out, knowing im not going to have to sit through a long drawn out song or a blistering heavy section. This album is good for the slower days of life.

Metal_Style | 4/5 |