Quella Vecchia Locanda - Quella Vecchia Locanda  CD (album) cover

Quella Vecchia Locanda

Rock Progressivo Italiano

5 stars 'The Old Inn'.

Indeed, The Old Inn is a band to remember carefully, because after 37 years, the record has still an heavy impact on the serious listener: you just can't get enough of it.

In my years of listening prog, I rarely (if not never) heard a band so good at resuming a melancholic rainy day AND bringing out the party at the same level of quality. It tooked only a few listenings for me (that's a good sign) to finally surprising myself singing in italian the lyrics of Prologo! 'Monteperme! MONTEPERME!'

The inevitable Jethro Tull comparison is not as big as I read somewhere else; they have their own sound and range of originality. Proof, name a band with tragic italian/gypsy violins melted in classical grand piano with tempestous flutes and mellotron all together?...just a magical atmosphere for you to discover.

It's a blessing not having to search too hard for this record compared to other italian cds; so take advantage and give it a shot!

A complete winner, worth every penny.

Menswear | 5/5 |