Black Bonzo - Sound of the Apocalypse CD (album) cover

Black Bonzo

4 stars Excellent hammond organ driven rock that will appeal to fans of Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Kansas, Quatermass and Jethro Tull.

This is a remarkable album considering that this is only Black Bonzo's second album. They sound like seasoned pros with a well-developed music style. This is a concept album which works well and is actually easy to understand. This album matches the quality of many 70s prog classics and I would award it 4.5 stars if I could. . After playing this album twice, I had to track down their first album and am anxiously awaiting delivery.

If you missed this one in 2007, don't delay any further. According to their website, a 3rd release is imminent. I can't wait!

proggesser | 4/5 |