Jon Anderson - Live From La La land CD (album) cover

Jon Anderson

3 stars If you like Jon Anderson, you will have heaven. If you don't you'll probably need to run away screaming in terror. Almost a hour an half of music in a single concert, all Jon all alone, though not just solo vocal. One of the things I do respect about Jon is that he isn't just a pretty singer but he can also play musical instruments quite well. MIDI guitar and piano in this case. The show was performed in Los Angeles, hence the La La Land title.

It's a nice selection of better known Yes tunes as well as material from Jon's solo albums with even a Jon and Vangelis piece, I'll Find My Way Home, thrown in for good measure. The omission of anything from Jon's best solo album, Olias of Sunhillow, is a bit of a disappointment. Heavy on the Yes stuff though. Last I heard Jon might not be performing live too much more. Not a bad showcase of his musical talent. On a funny note, the set wraps up with Roundabout, a song I've probably heard enough times in my life already, he sounds like he's about to break into Smoke On The Water.

Slartibartfast | 3/5 |