Echolyn - As The World CD (album) cover

5 stars In my opinion, a classic album displaying chops galore! I would describe their sound as a mixture of the off-kilter rhythms and vocal harmonies of Gentle Giant and the American Rock aesthetic of Kansas...and maybe some Yes thrown in for good measure? One thing for sure, Echolyn have their own sound. The rhythm section is absolutely ridiculous and the vocal harmonies are awe-inspiring. Yeah, they may get a little self indulgent at times, but I'm not one to complain about that....this is "Prog Rock" after all!!! It's a shame that Sony didn't give them a decent chance. Great instrumentation, great production, catchy yet complex, string arrangement interludes...this album has got a little bit of everything! Favorite tracks would include: How Long Have I Waited, Best Regards, The Cheese Stands Alone, Entry 11/19/93, Never The Same...but really, the entire album.
Doomcifer | 5/5 |