Satellite - Nostalgia CD (album) cover

3 stars Nostalgia by Polish band Satellite is one of the first albums of 2009. Really strange album. In fact, is not quite strange, but a normal one. I mean, before I begin listening to progressive rock music ordinary something like this album is what I imagined, when I have heard the word progressive; but not it's not what I imagine, when I hear progressive. And that is, because this music has not enough imagination. There are not any surprises here. If you hear Nostalgia three time you will know every little note that have to follow the previous one. The sound is very sterile. It has no volume in it. There are some saturated-sounding moments, but the feeling is too mainstream rock-like. Frankly, even there are a few quite weak songs like I Want You to Know and Is It Over. I think I listen to Bon Jovi in that moment.

Of course, there are interesting moments and the musicianship is very good. The feeling of the album is nostalgic like the title and it create calmness in you. The other positive motif here is expressiveness; I believe most of the ideas are developed completely. As I mention the negative and the positive characteristics, my final rating is almost 3,5 stars!

poslednijat_colobar | 3/5 |