Gentle Giant - The Power And The Glory  CD (album) cover

THE POWER AND THE GLORY

Gentle Giant

poslednijat_colobar
5 stars I've always said Gentle Giant are the first and the last band in this conception of making music. Of course, there are some bands trying to copy the style of GG. This album is harmony... It marks the beginning of pure art rock period for Gentle Giant (The Power And The Glory, Free Hand and Interview). The previous album - In a Glass House - is a masterpiece for me, but it's not pure art rock, it's mostly prog folk.

GG can't stop amaze me! This is probably I can say about them thing I can't say for other band. The most important is that this music in The Power and the Glory and next albums is happy. It's not full of grief and melancholy. Despite this, it's divine! It's the only one band I know to produce something perfect, without being melancholic. It's unique.

The Power and the Glory shows art rock at it's height. Only one song is quite experimental and it's So Sincere. It's very controvertial song, but everything else is superb. I would like to mention a statement. As a bulgarian I want to say, that the last song - The Power and the Glory was covered by my favourite bulgarian band FSB in 1977 for their debut album Non Stop. So I have another experience with the song.

As whole, another masterpiece for GG! 4.7 stars!

poslednijat_colobar | 5/5 |