Ayreon - The Final Experiment CD (album) cover

3 stars I vow that ye shall die.

Ayreon's first outing. This album is good, but there are a lot of moments I feel really drag the overall project down.

First off, the singing is great, and the symphonic parts are superb, but some of the music goes off in a blind direction, or for no reason does something that doesn't fit. Especially the growling early on. This is an excellent start to the musical legacy that is Ayreon, but I don't think it lives up to roads paved such as Electric Castle, or the masterpiece The Human Equation.

Get it if you are a fan of Ayreon, otherwise, check out his later releases first. 3 stars.

Alitare | 3/5 |