Rush - Power Windows CD (album) cover

3 stars In terms of progressive music this album deserves a little lower rating and even this, but if we qualify this album as a Rush Fan I would say that this album is not better than Signals but is far superior than GUP...You guys may thing I have somethig against "Grace...", but as simple as that: The songs and the sounds are much better here than with their last and only work with Peter Henderson, I would say that this album is the real continuation of Signals...With Grace they did a great job trying to implement the full sound of synthesisers, but in matters of lyrics and sound they have accoplished it all with Power Windows. Marathon, Territories, Mystic Rhythms and Emotion Detector are great examples of how inspirational and deep are the lyrics of Peart...The real sound of the 80's is compressed here...Great parts of electric drums, echoes of every instrument and the full sound of the synths...I give it 4 and 5 stars if this were a Rush Page, but it's progressive so it's fair enough to give it this rating...If you asked me I'm not really a huge fan of this era, but it's a matter of understanding the "progression" of the band, luckily with Presto they began following another direction.
Carlos | 3/5 |