Rush - A Show Of Hands CD (album) cover

4 stars I know alot of the Rush 'purists' may like to forget the period from '83 to around '89. I think their music of this period is an excellent balance to the whole collection of their 30 year portfolio. I only rate it below a 5 start because the energy level isn't quite as high as some of the other live recordings. But, I think the live versions of several songs, (and those on the Video - some which don't appear on the CD), really added to my appreciation of the original. Rush has always proved their professionalism and feeling by sounding incredibly better live than in the studio. In particular, the live version of Marthon actually proved to me that I wasn't telling tall stories from a fading concert memory by saying that the song was 10 times more powerful live than on Power Windows.

OK purists, give it another listen!

| 4/5 |