Focus - Hamburger Concerto  CD (album) cover

HAMBURGER CONCERTO

Focus

peterwilliams56
5 stars This album has stood the test of time better than many other prog rock works and must be regarded in the upper echelon of the genre. I agree with most of the positive things other writers have said about this work, so I won't add my own extolations.

I have a 1974 RADMUS US vinyl pressing and a 2001 Holland CD Pre-Mastered by Ian Gillespie at TAPE ONE London. There are a few differences that should be noted. In particular the great and awesome Akkerman solo at the end of Birth (which goes for about a minute) has been replaced on the CD by another that is not nearly as good. There is also some triangle that has been placed up in the mix in the middle of this track which is a bit annoying. My advice is get the earlier US version if you can. I haven't seen anyone note this difference, and would be interested if others have heard it and/or know why the change to the mix was made.

peterwilliams56 | 5/5 |