Martigan - Vision CD (album) cover

4 stars A very complex album of this neo prog band.

It is complex because here we find not only neo prog rock music.The main building is neo prog,but in the rooms we find symphonic prog and psychedelic space rock.

Nevertheless the classic neo prog bands inffluences, this one has some simmilarities to incidental classic Genesis albums(drama incorporated in the very expressive vocals),but also psychedelic space rock in the vein of Legendary Pink Dots and Coil.

Other times,also, I feel I am listening a Peter Gabriel album.

Excellent songs and melodies.Very good musicians.

I really think this band in a future it could be a classic and this is because they are not the typical neo progband that is happy if they are a good cover band of IQ,Pendragon,Marillion, the neo vein...or Genesis,Yes,Rush,ELP in the symph.prog. rock vein.

This guys are original and that is a plus in nowadays less creative world of the progressive rock

robbob | 4/5 |