Ricordi d'Infanzia - Io Uomo CD (album) cover

IO UOMO

Ricordi d'Infanzia

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Mellotron Storm
3 stars This is a fairly heavy (at times), organ driven album from Italy that was released in 1973.

"Caos" is quiet with acoustic guitar until it kicks in at 2 minutes. Some spoken words in this one as well. The second track sounds like a continuation of the opener until the vocals come in. It's too bad they didn't blend the two tracks together. Some nice organ work before 2 1/2 minutes in. Like the first song this one seems incomplete. Yes you can hear the bass late. "L'Eden" is much better in my opinion. A nice heavy sound with guitar. It does calm right down with fragile vocals.The vocals get quite passionate. A very good instrumental section after 2 1/2 minutes then it settles again. "2000 Anni Prima" opens with piano before organ, drums and vocals come in. Some excellent guitar before 3 minutes but it's brief.

"Preghiera" is my favourite track on here. I really like the intro it sounds so good. Some prominant guitar in this one that comes and goes, but it's the organ sounds that do it for me. "Morire O Non Morire" opens with drums that pound steadily until vocals come in before a minute.The vocals sound pretty rough here although the organ before 2 minutes makes up for that. "2000 Anni Dopo" is a top three song for me. Vocals are the focus early with strummed guitar. Organ and drums to become prominant. "Uomo Mangia Uomo" is my third favourite. Nice intro before vocals come in. The instrumental sections are excellent. I really like the sound after 1 1/2 minutes then guitar comes in making some noise.

Not enough here for me to give up the 4 stars, but still a good listen especially for fans of the heavier Italian music.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |