Abigail's Ghost - Selling Insincerity CD (album) cover

SELLING INSINCERITY

Abigail's Ghost

Ramma
5 stars Obvious Porcupine Tree comparisons aside, this is a superb album and one of the best debut's I have ever heard. To dismiss it because of its similar stylings is just ignorant and at your own detriment. The musical stylings, crunching rhythms, superb production and musicianship, great song writing and melodic moments are prevalent from beginning to end without any single boring or bad moment. This is quality music at its best and rare indeed. Quite frankly this is where Porcupine Tree should have been on their last and less than impressive album Fear of a Blank Planet.

I love Porcupine Tree to death but I welcome with open arms such extra players in this sound space such as Abigail's Ghost. Personally I hope they ignore criticisms and don't change too much, because the blend they have at present is perfect.

Ramma | 5/5 |