The Moody Blues - To Our Children's Children's Children CD (album) cover

TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

The Moody Blues

UMUR
3 stars To Our Children's Children's Children is the fifth full-length studio album and the second album release in 1969 by UK progressive rock act The Moody Blues. The predecessor On the Threshold of a Dream was released on the 25th of April 1969 while To Our Children's Children's Children was released on the 21st of November 1969. So two album releases within a seven month period from the band. To Our Children's Children's Children was the first release on The Moody Blues own newly formed Threshold Records.

The music style is very much like the style on On the Threshold of a Dream. I will go as far as to call them sibling albums. The melodic and song oriented pop/ rock style with progressive features like flute and mellotron is still the order of the day. The vocals are pleasant. The album is very consistent and all songs are of good quality in terms of songwriting and performance but like I said in my review of On the Threshold of a Dream I find the music a bit too simple, sweet and nice for my taste. When Mike Pinder´s mellotron is the focus in the music I´m swept away, but it happens too rarely IMO.

The musicianship is good and the warm, full and pleasant sound from the predecessor is also present on this album.

Overall To Our Children's Children's Children is a good song oriented melodic and slightly progressive pop/ rock album that should please the fans of the band. For us casual listeners this is just another one in a long row of good but pretty average releases from the The Moody Blues. A 3 star rating is deserved.

UMUR | 3/5 |