Yes - The Yes Album CD (album) cover

THE YES ALBUM

4.29 | 1996 ratings

ProgShine
5 stars The Yes Album, by the great YES, well, what can I say? Really?! This was the first YES album I bought and listened ten years ago or so, and till this very day still one of the great pieces of music ever written in music history and, of course, on Progressive Rock history!

Here we've got everything YES will be known till today.

- In Yours Is No Disgrace, track 1, that syncopated beginning and that Hammon organ make our ears pay attention in every single note. - The Clap comes in and, well, simply make your mouth open all the way, specially if you play guitar. - Starship Trooper and his 3 parts is something magic, just love the vocals and the melody. - I've Seen All Good People and the vocals, I was impressed back on tha day I first listen to it, and still today. Lovely melody. - A Venture; Couldn't hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide away, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide away. - Perpetual Change Maybe the best, can't say, the whole album is great, but Chris Squire's Rickenbacker here shine more and more.

I do think this is one of THE great prog rock albuns ever, the time passes away and still think the same as I first listen to it. Amazing!

ProgShine | 5/5 |