Magma - Merci CD (album) cover

MERCI

Magma

Zeuhl

12212112
4 stars Well, Im a new user, but not new to the page. I`ll start with this one a long list of revews so that I can leave my thoughts about the Albums I like.

Merci: I choose merci for my first revew. ¿Why? you might wonder........ It isn´t my favourite album, it is not even close to be, but I found this Album so underated. If you listen to it thinking about the Prog elements, you wont be satisfied. But the fact that it isn´t the most prog work of magma doesn`t mean it isn`t great, speaking in a musical way. Vanders voice is over the top, and his wifes voice is great too. The album has great tempos, great changes, and it`s kinda different from other discs like Ubu Wudu, MDK, 1001º or Attahk: It`s more calm, you can listen to it in order to get a better sleep if you want (that`s something new about magmas work, isn`t it?). Great use of Keyboards, guitar, drums and BASS!!

So, I think it deserves more than a 2.51

(sorry about my bad english)

Bye