Carl Palmer - Working Live Volume 2 CD (album) cover

WORKING LIVE VOLUME 2

Carl Palmer

ZowieZiggy
1 stars There were some prior attempts to fool the fans with the ''great'' suite of ''Works'' affairs from ELP which were very questionable recordings IMHHO.

This one is not shy of course. If noise and heaviness is your cup of tea, you might taste this one with joy. But you are warned: this is totally indigestible stuff. Some classics of the trio are revisited (as you know already with no keyboards, what a great idea!).

Frankly, we could have missed this one. The ''Working Live, Volume I'' was already a poor performance, and honestly this one is just some carbon copy. I was almost glad to have an emasculated version of ''Tarkus''. A seven minutes disaster to tell the truth.

To provide you with the full picture, I will only add that the closing track ''Fanfare And Drum Solo'' lasts for about sixteen minutes.

I have an enormous respect for Carl as a drummer of the ones you might know about (I even witnessed their ''Welcome Back My Friends.'' tour in '74), but this is really something I can't cope with.

One star. Painful.