Steve Hillage - Fish Rising CD (album) cover

FISH RISING

Steve Hillage

Canterbury Scene

Andrea Cortese
5 stars How did I survive through the long and frightening 2008-2009 crisis? How could I hold out against the cold winter up to now?

Well, I dressed heavy clothes, ate stale bread and listened to Hillage's music.

The first impact was not exactly a falling in love. But day by day I entered the true realm of his long hypnotic style. The adventurous riffs, the spacey atmosphere, the repetitive echo and all other things that grow make me breathless.

And so no words can be spoken.

"Fish Rising" is the most experimental work of the former Gong guitarist and, if coupled with the following "L", you'll discover a gorgeous tour de force.

Well done, Steve.