Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

2 stars 2 stars. this was NOT a good addition to my prog music collection. It seems that they took the worst parts of bands like UK, Queensryche, Metallica and Rush, while adding a significant amount of cheese, filler, overproduction and very technical and soulless (to me) playing. Feels emotionless to me. Very superficial sound. I would never want to listen to this album, though there are some parts that are ok. I am not generally a fan of prog metal but dream theater just does something special to their music to make me like it a lot less than most other metal or prog metal i've heard.
listen | 2/5 |